• 2 cups dried brown lentils
• 1 small yellow onion
• 2 cloves garlic
• 2 TBSP olive oil
• 1 packet taco seasoning
• 1 tsp salt
• 16 small 6” tortillas
• pico de gallo, sour cream, avocado, cheese, cilantro (optional, for serving)
• Sort and rinse the lentils. Bring 3 cups of water to a rolling boil in a medium pot. Once it
reaches a boil, add the lentils. Let the pot return to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, place
a lid on top.
• Allow the lentils to simmer for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, taste the lentils to test the
texture. They should be tender but not mushy. Drain the lentils in a colander.
• Dice the onion, mince the garlic and cook them with olive oil in a large skillet over medium
heat until tender. Once the onion is tender, add the drained lentils, the taco seasoning, and
about a half cup of water.
• Stir and cook over medium heat until the mixture has thickened (about 3-5 minutes). Season
to taste with salt.
• Build the tacos, using about ¼ cup of the lentil mixture for each taco. Top with any desired