• 12 oz petite crimson lentils (or any variety)
• 2 quarts water
• 3 TBSP lemon juice
• 2 TBSP garlic, minced
• 2 TBSP tahini
• 2 tsp ground cumin
• 2 TBSP salt
• 3 TBSP olive oil
- Cover lentils with water in a medium pot, cook until soft and strain.
Reserve some cooking liquid to thin hummus, if needed.
- Add garlic, lemon juice, tahini, and spices to a high-powered blender
or food processor, with ½ cup of cooking liquid. Blend well.
- Add lentils 1/3 cup at a time, and blend until smooth. Drizzle in olive
oil while blender is running. You may need to add additional cooking
liquid to thin.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.