• 1 cup peeled and cubed butternut squash
• 1/3 cup milk
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 2 cups water or chicken or vegetable broth
• 3/4 cup grated yellow or white cheddar cheese
• 8 ounces whole wheat pasta
• Salt, pepper, and parsley (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and
- Remove the skin and the seeds from the squash. (Poke holes
with fork and microwave for 3 mins for easier peeling).
Peel the skin off and cut the flesh into 1” cubes.
- Bring the water or
chicken/veggie broth to a
boil. Add the squash. Cook
for 10 minutes or until fork
- Drain using colander or
slotted spoon, reserving 1/2
cup water/broth, and
transfer squash to the
- Add the milk, butter, cheese, salt, and reserved broth and
puree until completely smooth and creamy.
- Pour the pureed sauce over the cooked noodles and add the
shredded cheese. Stir in more cheese, water or milk to adjust
consistency as needed.
- Serve with parsley, salt, and pepper to taste.