Starting Sunday, April 14, use the following link to register for the Farm to School of Park County Summer Camp:
Welcome to Farm to School of Park County! To deliver on our vision to put healthy food on the minds and plates of Park County schoolchildren, Farm to School of Park County:
- Serves as well as partners with students and their parents to grow healthy food
- Teams up with teachers, school cafeteria staff and district administrators to teach about healthy food and model healthy eating
- Collaborates with and creates markets for local farmers and ranchers to present tasty, nutritious food to school children
We could not carry out our mission without the generous support of community members and donors. Thank you!
“It is a privilege to have a seat at the table in young people’s lives when they are forming their tastes and values.” — Rachael Jones, Farm to School of Park County Executive Director, (Farmer Jones)
Healthy, local and sustainable food on the plates and in the minds of all Park County schoolchildren
- To create positive school food environments in classrooms, cafeteria and community
- To improve children’s health, nutrition and academic performance
- To stimulate local and regional economies through increased purchasing of local foods by schools
- To provide food, health, nutrition and agriculture education
- To instill a sense of community citizenship and connectedness in students
Through partnering with local programs, organizations and individuals, Farm to School of Park County creates widespread benefits in schools and in the community at large. We believe in and are contributing to a growing CULTURE OF HEALTH in Park County.