To give Park County children a strong, healthy start at school and in life, we work within local schools to provide early exposure to nutritious foods and a blueprint for healthy eating that lasts a lifetime
What We Do:
- Partner with pre-K-12th grade Park County schools to shape lifelong food preferences as we teach school children the connection between the environment, their diet and lifelong health;
- Provide hands-on experiences for school children as we grow foods in school gardens, harvest, prepare and taste various fruits and vegetables, and develop kid-friendly recipes to enhance kids’ acceptance and enjoyment of health foods;
- Work with schools to purchase and prioritize the use of fresh, healthy food in school meals;
- Support local and regional economies through encouraging local food production and increasing schools’ purchasing of local foods;
- Play a leadership role in the growing culture of health and wellness in Park County.
Your donation will help Farm To School of Park County provide healthy and nutritious school meals for EVERY child EVERY day.
We exist because of the ongoing support of all of our generous community partners and contributors, including the following major donors ($5,000 and above):